Who We Are
Opera Plus is a community group run by and for the benefit of its members.
C/O The Doddridge Centre
109 St James Road
From 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will govern the holding, processing and use of personal information.
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from it (the 'data subject').
Opera Plus has a lawful basis for keeping and using the personal data of its members, as they have shown their consent by the affirmative action of joining Opera Plus and there is a contractual relationship. Holding the personal data of non-members on a mailing list serves the legitimate interests of Opera Plus in publicising its activities and seeking new members.
Opera Plus will therefore continue to hold and use the personal data of all individuals on its mailing list, unless they indicate a wish to be removed from it. It will also hold the personal data of individuals who apply for membership or agree to be on the mailing list in future.
Personal data of individuals is used to:
- Administer membership records;
- Maintain financial records;
- Inform people of events and activities of Opera Plus and news of related [musical] activities in Northamptonshire;
- Generally promote the interests of Opera Plus.
Opera Plus complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
All personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of Opera Plus in order to carry out a service to other members, or for purposes connected with its activities. It will not be shared with third parties except with the data subject's consent; it will not be sold, and it will not be used for marketing.
Membership and mailing list data will be retained while it is still current; other financial records will be retained for 6 years after the transaction they relate to.
Data subjects have the right to request:
- A copy of any personal data which Opera Plus holds about them;
- Correction of any personal data that is inaccurate or out of date;
- Personal data be erased if it is no longer necessary for Opera Plus to retain it;
- To withdrawal consent to the processing at any time;
- The data controller to provide them with their personal data and, if they wish, send it to another data controller;
- A restriction be placed on further processing if there is a dispute about the accuracy or processing of personal data,;
- To object to the processing of personal data;
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office; see the website at www.ico.org.uk.
The Data Controller is: David Wilkins.
This policy will be reviewed every 2 years.
Links to External Websites
Throughout this website there are links to other external websites that are not managed or owned by Opera Plus. We don't have any control over the content on these websites.
We're not responsible for:
- The protection of any information you give to these websites;
- Any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites, or any other websites they link to.
We recommend that you pay attention to terms and conditions, privacy policies and / or end user licences that relate to these websites before you use them.
Cookies Used on this Website
Opera Plus puts small files (known as 'cookies') onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site and remembers if you explicitly agree for us to use those cookies.
We use Google Analytics Universal cookies to monitor the performance of this website, for example: what pages are visited, how long is spent on the page, how a visitor found us, geo-location and whether using a mobile device, pc or laptop. Google Analytics does not collect any personally identifiable information (PII). Collection of this information allows us to better understand how our website is being used, so as to further develop it for the users' benefit. We don't allow Google to use or share our analytics data. Google's data privacy and security policy relating to Google Analytics can be reached via this link.
We will also use a cookie to remember if you choose to accept our cookies. Your 'explicit' consent is required before any of the aforementioned cookies are set. Explicit consent is given only when you click the 'I agree' button shown in the shallow pop up that appears at the bottom left of our web page. Your 'consent cookie' will expire after 30 days. Should you visit our site again after this period of time, we will once more request your cookie consent. The cookies we use are:
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit by tracking if you've visited before.||2 years|
|_gid||This helps us count how many people visit this site by tracking if you've visited before.||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made.||10 minutes|
|Cookie Consent||If cookies are 'explicitly' accepted, a cookie is used to remember this choice.||30 days|
|_use_hitbox||This is a randomly generated number that identifies your browser||When you close your browser|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Lets Youtube count the views of embedded Youtube videos||9 months|
Additional Cookie Information
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- Google provides a browser add-on for anybody wishing to prevent their data being used by any site for google analytics purposes: Google GA Opt Out.
- Mozilla's Do Not Track will allow you to tell websites not to track you.
- Internet Explorer allows you to delete or manage cookies.
Thank you to photographer, Ken Howard, who has allowed Opera Plus to use his photograph of the Metropolitan Opera as the main image fronting this website.
Attribution is credited to Ralph H Daily and the photograph Violino I part, The concertmaster's first violin sheet music Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), used as one of the images in 'The History of Opera Plus' (captioned: sheet music) and as the background to the 'Calendar'. This image was downloaded from flickr.com under creative commons licence.
Attribution is credited to Nayuki and the photograph Playing Piano, used as one of the images in 'The History of Opera Plus' (captioned: musical analysis). This image was downloaded from flickr.com under creative commons licence.